Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Finally Someone has Listened to Me

So I got to see a new doctor today. I went to her because I had asked my eye doctor to test my cortisol levels. This of course is not a test she can do, but she referred me to an endocrinologist who could. After taking my VERY DETAILED health history, she asked me why I was there. I said i think we need to check my cortisol levels, and she said. . .wait for it. . ."well yeah, they should have done that four years ago.!"

Imagine my surprise, when I finally had a doctor agree with me...Therefore I had yet another set of blood draws today. Then tonight I have to take a pill and have my blood drawn at 8 a.m. tomorrow for another test. If that comes back with abnormalities then I have to do another test over a 24 hour period. I am excited that someone has chosen to finally agree with me...

As we walked out of the office today I looked at my mom, who seems to be my chauffeur, and said, I really like her. First time I have ever said that about a doctor in my life...

I will keep you posted on results and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment