Friday, August 20, 2010

Turning a Corner

Eliana was trying to help Myka tie her shoes.


Preparing to leave for the first day!


This week our family turned a HUGE corner, the SCHOOL corner. Jeremy and I sent both of our girls to school this year. Yes, that is right, for those of you who know me, I was VERY excited for this day to come. I love my babies very much and would love to keep them with me, but I rejoice in the money saved! Our day care payments are no more until the summer.
Myka outsider her Kindergarten room.


Eliana just outside the Second Grade room. . .how is it that I have a second grader???


I have always respected those of you who CAN homeschool. I have also said that I love my children enough to send them to school. Now before any of you get offended by that statement, let be elaborate. . . The relationship I would have with my girls would not be a good one if I were to stay home with them all day AND try to teach them all that they need to know. I get frustrated very easily with my girls, and vice versa, I am sure I frustrate them. I WOULD NOT have enough patience to teach them. I know that sounds funny coming from someone with a teaching degree, I know it would probably be different if I had them in the school setting. What it boils down to is that I have no desire to home school. Those of you who do, go for it and enjoy, in some ways you are much stronger than me.

BLESSINGS

No comments:

Post a Comment