Six years ago today, I was in labor, hoping my little girl would come out soon. She had other plans. . .
I was induced at 6 a.m., then I proceeded to labor for about 8 more hours before the nurses decided I could push. I started pushing around 2:30, but I also started swelling. . .which meant Myka was stuck. For some reason my crazy doctor thought that upping my dose of pitocin would allow the swelling to go down. . .HE WAS WRONG. At around 6 when he sauntered back into the room, I looked him in the eye (as only a woman in labor can do) and said, "Get this baby out." So a C Section happened within the hour. Myka had joined us. We were so happy and we still are.
Today my baby is six and on her way to the pumpkin patch with her kindergarten class.
I am feeling really good these days. My feet continue to swell at times, which we have yet to figure out why. . .but other than that, I feel great.
No comments:
Post a Comment