Wednesday, April 6, 2011

How can you change a life?

Okay so I am pretty sure that most people are becoming very annoyed with me, as I have been pushing Bowl For Kids' Sake down everyones throats for several weeks now, but I do have to make several more pleas before this is over. . .I want to let people know how important it is to give. . .

These are some numbers that recently came out in the 2010 Kids Count Nebraska report. . .

• According to the 2010 Kids Count in Nebraska data 16% of children in Hall County, 10% of children in Hamilton & Merrick counties and 14% of children in Howard counties aged 17 and younger live in poverty
• Data from the 2008-2009 school year reports that there were 90 high school drop outs in Hall county while there was 669 graduates
• From 1999-2008 Hall county had 400 births to mothers between the ages of 10-17, Hamilton County had 20, Howard and Merrick counties had 13 each
• Kids Count in Nebraska data from October 2009 reports that in Hall county alone 5,892 students received free/reduced lunch while 3,183 children in Hall county participated in the food stamp program
• In 2009 there were 817 juvenile arrests in Hall county, 3 each in Hamilton & Howard counties and 2 in Merrick county

These are all numbers that could and will be prevented with the help on Mentors for those Nebraska Counties. . .We need your help however. . .

Our goal for Bowl For Kids' Sake 2011 is $36,000.00 Even if we do meet this goal, we will have a very significant Bugdget gap that really needs to be closed somehow. I am in no way asking those of you who read this blog to give beyond your means, I am simply asking you to give. 5 Dollars can make as big a difference as 5,000 dollars. Please, please prayerfully consider giving to this fundraiser and help us reach those kids who truly need positive role models.

No comments:

Post a Comment