11 For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.12 In those days when you pray, I will listen.13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.14 I will be found by you," says the LORD. I have really been thinking recently about our dear friend Curtis Lautt. I don't know if it because I am in the process of getting a children's book published that will honor his memory or if it is just God wanting me to spend some time thinking about the important things.
When Curtis went home, we were all devastated. I had only seen my husband cry one other time and that was when we thought we were losing Myka. He had been Mr. Tough guy up until Curtis's dad, Bryan, had handed Jeremy a letter that Curtis had written before he left for one of his missions trips. Jeremy keeps that letter in his Bible along witht he "program" from Curtis' funeral.
I can honestly say I sit and smile about the few days we spent in Harvey. That was one of, if not THE, most amazing journey I have ever gone on. Yes is does beat Travel Camp, AND my honeymoon.
Why you may ask, well I could literally feel God; as I'm sure most everybody there could. We arrived in Harvey just before the praise service that was being held the day before the funeral. This time was spent remembering the good things about Curtis and singing praises to God. This was when I finally got to meet Ginny and see his whole family again. The funny thing is, Curtis's mom mistaked my husband for one of her nephews. . .
I of course shared about the times I spent in Curtis and Jeremy's dorm room with the two of them, laughing until I hurt. I would watch Curtis practice his rope tricks with the ceiling fan running. I patiently waited for the time when the rope caught the fan and it came crashing to the floor, it never did. I had been amazed to listen to all of his close friends talk about what a gifted singer and guitar player Curtis was. . .Well I was there when he was first learning, he wasn't so gifted then.
I miss him dearly, but know that he is having the greatest time where he is. Maybe he is even watching over the child we just lost. . .Hug him for me okay Curtis.
No comments:
Post a Comment