Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happenings. . .

So last week was a busy one for us. . .

The girls both had swimming lessons, Eliana was very excited for them; but Myka was not so excited. She doesn't or didn't like the water too much. She to "swim" which loosely translated means, she like to stand by the wall. However, this year she had an excellent teacher by the name of Ashton. By the end of the week last week, Myka was floating in the water without screaming. Her teacher was even able to have Myka on a noodle and walk away and have her "swim" to her. It was great. . .So great Myka gets to go back soon for some more work. Eliana was really good, she didn't quite pass level 3, but she was still able to jump off the diving board and swim to the side of the pool by herself. Something I have never done!!!

For me it was kind of an exciting week. I have long been holding onto a manuscript that I have dreamed of publishing. Periodically I try to work on finding an agency or some way to publish, but then I get distracted. Well last week I started inquiring again and was asked by an agency to submit my total manuscript. I was excited, I am taking a step forward in my publishing dreams. I was also invited to a workshop that will allow me to become a trainer on 40 Developmental Assets for children. This was exciting for me because I am an educator at heart, and this could be one way I can do that.

Well that is all for now, I will write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment